The translation and interpreting company Derra i Mesanza S.L. was set up in 2002 by licensed and sworn translators and interpreters Petra Derra and Laura Mesanza. The firm is staffed by highly skilled translation and interpreting professionals.
From our office, located in the heart of Ibiza, Balearic Islands, we provide general, technical and sworn translation services and we specialise in legal texts, as well as simultaneous, consecutive and whispered interpreting. We provide a swift and well-coordinated project management service.
We are flexible and efficient and have gained the trust of our longstanding clients over more than 15 years. Our clients come from three main groups:
- Public sector institutions (Ministry of Justice – Examining Magistrates’ Court, Trial Court, Labour Court, Provincial Hearings, Unesco, Embassies and Consulates, Island Council and Town Councils, Tax Agency, Chambers of Commerce, Registries -Civil, Property, Commercial, Traffic etc.)
- National and multinational companies, SMEs and professionals (lawyers, solicitors, notaries etc.)
Our main focus is quick and efficient turnaround of projects, punctuality in meeting deadlines, experience and linguistic excellence.
- Efficient and responsive customer service, friendliness
- Speed and professionalism
- Confidentiality and dependability
- IT infrastructure (networking)
- Properly trained personnel
- Excellent coordination of the team of collaborators
- Excellent compliance with pre-delivery review protocols
- Care, order and administrative monitoring and updating of the internal management programme
When selecting translation partners, we initially look at language and related skills (tools, availability and speed in completing tasks). We then catalogue these partners by language combination and field of expertise and build our portfolio from there.
Our strength lies in the diversity of languages with which we work and our quick turnaround times, with projects delivered on time and in the format that best suits the needs of our client and the project.
We are accredited sworn translators and interpreters, and although projects are not always legal in nature, our qualifications and competence distinguish us from other firms and make us excellent advisers. In addition to completing your translation and interpreting assignments, we can also advise on deadlines, institutions, contact persons, procedures and other circumstances that will help you bring your project to fruition.